Tuesday, November 8, 2011

It's November So I'm Thankful

So I was going to post one thing I was thankful for everyday until Thanksgiving but then I missed the first day and the thought of not starting on the first day was bugging me to much to start at all.  I know that's dumb but that's how my mind works. Anyways I had an experience today that just made me so thankful I had to share it.

Well first of all if you for some reason did not get to see the CES fireside by President Packer from Sunday.  It's a must.  (A fireside is a talk given usually about a gospel principle.) I checked and I could not find it on the website yet but I will keep checking and when it becomes available I will remind you or if you can find it READ IT! (or listen whatever floats your boat).  Among many wonderful things he talked about guilt and not feeling guilty.  And that really hit home as sometimes I struggle to not feel guilty about past mistakes and let myself forgive and forget.

Then today I was walking and I saw a past Bishop (leader of previous congregation) and we smiled and waved at each other.  I could tell he knew he knew me but wasn't sure from where or how.  So I kept walking and all I could think was- wow.  That man had listened and counseled and loved me through some very difficult times and helped me to repent and become closer to Christ.  At one point I had discussed with him some of my less than perfect moments and he doesn't even remember.  Then I hear "Hey! Hey!" I turn around and he was calling to me.  "Don't I know you?"  I started to cry and told him yes I had been in his ward previously and he had helped me through some really hard things.  I told him how I could tell he couldn't remember me exactly and how grateful I was that every time he saw me my past did not come to his mind.  In a situation that only a Polynesian could make funny he said "well what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas".  We caught up everything going on since we had last seen each other including him telling me he knew the perfect guy to set me up with. hmm.  And then we hugged and I went on to class.

There are many things I am grateful for that I was reminded of in this experience including forgiveness and the atonement and bishops.  But most of all I felt grateful for what I felt like was an answer to pray from my Heavenly Father showing me that once past sins are repented of. they are forgotten.  By the bishop and also by Him.

And so I to can forget.  And move forward. Guiltless.




sweet or tart?
all I can remember now is the sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment