Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My sweet Charlotte-Ann

Skype and Charlotte-Ann.

Nothing about this experience is harder than being away from my family including my sweet Charlotte-Ann

Except about 6 months I have lived with Charlotte-Ann ever since she was born.  I lived with Cassie while she was still getting ready to come into the world and I was in the room when she made her grand entrance.  She has a very special place in my heart.  So this whole living far away from her is not my favorite.

However we get to Skype! Now let me tell you there is nothing that makes my day like skyping with my family.  I get to skype pretty regularly with my sisters and Charlotte-Ann and even got to see the whole family on Halloween.  It was my first year to not get to be around during trick-or-treating and I was sad.  But seeing all those happy smurf tails was the best.

Now for some of Charlotte-Ann's best skype quotes:
"Next time can you be here?"- oh my break my heart! but at least I know she misses me
"Me and my mom were just wondering about you"
"AUNT ANNIE!!!!"
She also likes for me to read her stories but when she holds the book I can't see the words so I just make up whatever looks like it will go with the picture.  So I found some free books at the library and got one so I could read it to her.  Major Fail.  It was about Pinochio but a version I've never heard that was a little violent.


    



I'm so thankful for her in my life.  She has taught me so many lessons and can make me feel better in an instant and I am so grateful for Skype and it letting me see my loved ones so often.




sweet or tart?
sweet as pecan pie at Thanksgiving

3 comments:

  1. Oh Aunt Ann! We love you so much! We're so grateful for Skype and the coming break. So few people understand me and CAB the way you do...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! She's so cute! What a doll face. I love that picture of her & David, seriously, too cute!

    ReplyDelete