Monday, November 21, 2011

3 Goals

My roommate and I have started listening to a conference talk every morning before we both leave for the day.  It is a really great way to start the day.  This week we listened to "Three Goals To Guide You" given by President Thomas S Monson in Oct of 2007.  I have been thinking of some of the things it said all week and wanted to share my favorite parts.  And recommend everyone to go read or listen to it.
http://lds.org/general-conference/2007/10/three-goals-to-guide-you?lang=eng


You never know what a girl is worth,
You’ll have to wait and see;
But every woman in a noble place,
A girl once used to be. 

  1. 1. 
    Study diligently.
  2. 2. 
    Pray earnestly.
  3. 3. 
    Serve willingly.
 President Gordon B. Hinckley, said of you, “God planted within women something divine that expresses itself in quiet strength, in refinement, in peace, in goodness, in virtue, in truth, in love.”

My dear sisters, do not pray for tasks equal to your abilities, but pray for abilities equal to your tasks. Then the performance of your tasks will be no miracle, but you will be the miracle.

 I sometimes think I make huge amazing wonderful goals which is good but a reminder of the important basics is always a treat.


sweet or tart?
simply sweet

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gaawwwwwsh!!! I thought I was the only one that loved those goals! I heard that talk and was totally inspired and thought *someone* creative at Deseret Book would come out with some fabulous wall art or something with those three goals on so I could buy it and decorate my home with it. But no. They did not. FAIL, Deseret Book!

    I get so overwhelmed with everything I need to do; but those three little goals help me focus on what's important.

    ReplyDelete