Friday, August 23, 2013

No hairbrush? No problem.

This week has been a doozy for me.  Lots going on and very very little sleep is not my strength. This morning I pressed snooze several times before I finally dragged myself out of the bed.  I stumbled around to brush my teeth and get some clothes on.  Then I moved on to doing my hair, which means brushing it and moving on.  However, my brush was no where to be found. Not under the bed, in the bathroom, on the shelf, in the basket and I was running out of time. Somehow in that moment I decided if I couldn't brush my hair I would put eyeliner on- because that makes sense right? Maybe people won't notice my hair because I put make-up on for the first time this week today.  

So down the stairs and out the door I go.  As I am walking to meet my ride I glance at my reflection in a car I'm passing and..... it was hilariously scary.  I realized I didn't even run my fingers through my hair and I hadn't brushed it after my shower the night before- but don't worry I have eyeliner on.  I couldn't stop laughing.  Laughing loud and hard. And the looks from the neighbors only made me laugh harder. 

I've been really grateful this week for life experiences and who I've become. Not one day went as planned, or even good really, but I handled it without loosing it.  Because that's life. And I know I can make it no matter what.


Sweet or Tart-
Sweet tender mercies are even more precious when life seems sucky :)

No comments:

Post a Comment