Monday, August 19, 2013

K.I.S.S.

I have started many many blog posts lately and haven't finished nary a one. I think it's because they have been about heavy hearty topics that I can't quite pen how I want or finish. But I want to do better at bloggin' so I'm going to apply a rule one of my professors had for his assignments- K.I.S.S.- keep it simple silly. And maybe someday I'll get around to publishing those "deep" posts.

I just sat here and stared at my computer for 5 minutes because I can't think of anything "light" to blog about. Bahaha.

Maybe here's why-

Everyday I leave my house at 6:30 am to drive about an hour to the school where I am student teaching a 7th grade Language Arts class. I am teaching/helping/learning there all day and then get back home around 4.  Then to tutor English till about 9 p.m., shower, and crash.  It's really not the most exciting life. Nothing too fun or exciting going on- just surviving but I'm really ok with that. 

The countdown on my phone tells me only 117 more days until Graduation and I'm just gonna close my eyes and hold on tight for that time to fly by.


I will share one hilarious story from my time teaching so far.  The students had a get-to-know you questionnaire that included the question- If you could visit another country which would you choose?

Y'all, they answered... New York, Texas, Florida, etc.  What the??  So I went to the front of the class and pulled down a map of the U.S. life this one-








And they asked me if those were all different countries.  Then I was really thinking What the what??????

Needless to say we got a lot to learn this year.

Sweet or tart?
Sweet kids. Sweet life.

No comments:

Post a Comment