Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Was I like that?

This semester I have had the opportunity to practice teaching 7th graders in a Language Arts class 2 days a week for half the day.  I have thoroughly, very much to my surprise, enjoyed these little people.  They are so funny and even though some days they really get under my skin I mostly just feel so amused at watching them.  And honestly I love observing the middle school society from an outside perspective- who's cool, who's smart, who's tough...- it's fascinating to me to watch this "world" they have. 

One thing has really made me chuckle several times to myself though.  There are a couple of students in every class, who know EVERY answer, who read ahead, who do the worksheet in 5 minutes, who are so nice and kind and sweet, and want to be good students, and want me to like them, and I do... but they are DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! and that is the hilarious because that is the student I used to be.

How ironic that the students who bug me are the reflection of the student I was. 

I wonder if this will keep happening as I get older in life?

Other than that, my life is crazy.  2 jobs, full-time student, student teaching, and the ever looming conundrum that I am not yet married :) But I am happy, I got Jesus and I am going to make it.


sweet or tart?
I think I'm over making this classification because I have learned even the tart stuff lead to the sweet- so it's all sweet in the end.

2 comments:

  1. I love this Ann! I feel exactly the same, almost every day :) Welcome to student teaching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is all sweet in the end!

    ReplyDelete