Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Bus Rides

Since my two last posts have been written in moments of intense emotion I thought it would be good to take a minute to also note the good- less emotional times.

So this morning I got up early and rode with some friends to Kaneohe, a town about 45 minutes away, to get fingerprinted for student teaching.  I had to ride the bus back because my friend needed to stay longer.  I enjoy the bus for the most part.  I had never ridden one before I came to Hawaii.  I like getting to look out the windows and ride but I LOVE the people.  You never know who you'll meet or what "state" they'll be in.

My bus ride this morning was awesome for 2 reasons. 1- It was my first time on a bus that has the expandable part in the middle that connects two buses.  That is where I sat and it was like I was on an amusement park ride. It was so trippy and I loved it.  2- Just like every other bus ride there had to be one crazy person.  It was a man who was dressed rather normal and smelled of the happy fragrances of Hawai'i aka wacky weed.  The whole ride he was yelling at random people, often calling them by a celebrities name, and taking everything out of his bag and putting it back in.  I had the honor of returning a few coins he dropped in front of me.  Unfortunately he did not call me a celebrity name when he asked me to get his coins, I really wanted to hear what he would say.  Anyways, toward the end of the ride he got a bag out of his bag.  His was treating it so tenderly and had its contents secured safely inside.  If you're thinking what I was thinking you will be shocked to know out came a Book of Mormon.  I was shocked.  I watched as he then carefully opened it and studied the pictures.  I didn't ask him if he wanted me to tell him the stories of the pictures but he did make an impression on me.  And although I don't know the particulars I decided I want to be more like the person that gave him that Book of Mormon, not judging just loving.


No comments:

Post a Comment